Monday, January 21, 2013

Lost and Found

So the project I was hoping to show you guys from the weekend fell through when my sewing machine decided to behave very badly. It's currently in time out and I'm still hoping I'll be able to magically fix it myself without taking it in to the sewing machine geniuses...
 
On a side note, I'm tired of calling my sewing machine an it. I think I'm going to name her...Bertha. That's the first name that popped into my head and so she shall now be called Bertha... My future offspring better hope I don't use the same method for naming them too...
 
 Now. since my blog post for today, and really the rest of the week, has fallen through I've decided to show you guys what I found in my attic. We're currently renting a room upstairs in a house my in-laws own. Both rooms upstairs are connected to separate attics and I decided to do a little exploring a couple of months ago. Look at this chandelier that was tossed in the far back corner of our attic!
 
 
There was glass broken everywhere and lots and lots of dust and dirt but the potential is absolutely undeniable.
 
 
And after a bit of cleaning...
 
 

 
The couple that lived here before we moved in turned the dining room into a nursery and installed a wobbly ceiling fan instead of this beauty. I'm not a big bedazzle girl. Don't get me wrong, I love diamonds just like every other woman. But I like my sparkle to be elegant and simple. I want one piece to be the center as apposed to 8 pieces competing for attention. I think this chandelier is absolutely perfect though. I'm in love with it. I can't wait to hang it in our future library/study. Maybe paired with some modern pieces. Ahhhh I'm so excited I can't wait!!! I probably need to get the wiring checked out though. It would not be fun to burn down the house my future in-laws own. How is that for welcome to the family?...

No comments:

Post a Comment