Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Falling for Fall...at the Wrong Time

I've been browsing through online gardening catalogs all day. I'm so excited to plant some flowers in our garden, or lack there of. We've got way too much of the same color green going on in our front and back yard. So here I am, all ready for Spring to begin. And then I see this aerial view while watching Necessary Roughness...

 
How breath taking! I will never live in a house like those pictured above, but can you just look at those colors! I thought I was ready for Spring and now I'm yearning for the colors of fall. The oranges and yellows and greens. Oh the leaves changing colors, the crisp air, and the cool weather...
 
But sadly, speeding through Spring will not bring me any closer to those beautiful colored trees. If you live in the South you know there's only two seasons. Summer is 90% of the year and then, if you're lucky, you get a few days of temperatures below 40 degrees.. I won't even dignify those days with the title of winter...
 
Now I'm in desperate need to get over my Fall yearning. Luckily the rest of the show had some pretty beautiful interiors to help me focus my attention somewhere else. I love the traditional feel of this house. Never thought I'd say that, but I have a soft spot for any house with architectural details.
 
 




 
Can I have all that Kitchen storage? What a dream... I bet there's even empty cabinets in there. Too much storage is the perfect amount of storage in my opinion. :) And that staircase with the wainscoting. Absolutely stunning. I think wainscoting is a great upgrade for every house with a staircase. It makes it look instantly more elegant. I think my own staircase might have to get that treatment soon... Oh the project ideas keep piling on! Now I need to actually get started on them...



No comments:

Post a Comment